My regulars might have noticed a few changes to the look of skateboardworks. I made some much needed changes this week, which included the following:
- Logo change- I wanted something looked a little more friendly and not so corporate feeling. Let me know if I succeeded.
- Added overall navigation and search to the top of every page. I needed a navigation and search function that was easy to find and something that was more prevalent on every page. Additionally, I wanted some more defined categories. Hopefully I succeeded, however, I already have a few other ideas that I wanted to try.
- Made the search results page feel like the rest of the site. I use a blog publishing software called Movable Type and I operate a few other site with that software. The search results page is, by default, a shared page with Movable Type. I finally got off my beer drinking, not skateboarding enough, ass, and changed it so that it’s only part of skateboardworks and none of my other sites. I also added a google banner to that page.
- Added some extra adverting to the site. I gotta eat somehow. I also added a Amazon.com Affiliate banner to the lower right side column. I’m also looking for an online shop (or a couple) to advertise as well. I’ll pay my electric bill somehow.
- Last but not least, I added a Links page. I did have my favorite links on the right side of every page but decide it would be best to have them centralized on one page. In the coming weeks I will be adding more useful links and organizing them in some manner that makes sense.
If you have suggestions for other things you would like to see at skateboardworks, then let me know.
Also, I just wanted to let everyone know that we’re on track to having a record month for visitors. We should see around 10,000 unique visits this month. That’s awesome. Thanks to everyone for checking us out.