Skateboard manufacturing finding new “wood” sources

I’ve been around skateboarding long enough to see some goofy shit pop up in skateboard manufacturing. Like aluminum decks or a Port-a-board or plethora of other shit that anyone who skates, wouldn’t give a second glance. Well, now there is a real reason to be searching for a viable replacement for wood. According to The Science Channel,  skateboards have replaced furniture as the leading contributor to maple deforestation. The Canadian maple tree takes 40 to 60 years to mature before it can be cut down to make skate decks. That sucks that skateboarding is a big part of the problem. However there’s a newer source that can and should replace the Maple tree, it’s bamboo. Bamboo has been used in skateboard manufacturing for quite a while, usually in addition to the standard maple veneers. Now Oceanside, CA based OEM BambooSk8 has 100% Bamboo Decks that are virtually unbreakable. I have yet to try one out, and I’m sure there are many drawbacks to a Bamboo deck, like price. But check out the benefits, according to Bambooska8.

It grows fast.

• Bamboo is not a tree—it’s a grass, and it grows like one. Many species of bamboo can grow two feet or more a day.
  • When it’s harvested, it need not be replanted, because it will grow a new shoot from its extensive root system, often 4 to 5 new shoots.
  • It renews itself readily, unlike hardwood trees, which, once cut, are gone forever. Canadian Maple trees take around 40-60 years to mature before they can be cut down.  Bamboo is an endless renewable resource.
  • Skateboarding is the #31 contributor to deforestation in North America and #1 contributor to maple in particular.

It enhances the environment.

• Farmed bamboo stabilizes the earth with its roots, preventing erosion.
  • It takes in greenhouse gasses and produces oxygen. In fact 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees.
  • It can also provide habitat for birds and animals (though our bamboo is not preferred by pandas, and is therefore panda-safe).
  • In nature, bamboo filters heavy metals from groundwater and removes four times more carbon dioxide from the air than an equivalent-size stand of trees.

If you’ve ridden a bamboo deck, I would love to get your feedback.

176 Responses to “Skateboard manufacturing finding new “wood” sources”

1. There is, in my opinion, no better example of bamboo being used as a skate deck than those made by ‘Loaded (Carving Systems)’. The ride they offer is a wholly unique experience.

2. I received a bamboo skateboard as a present over the holidays and it’s great. Love the graphics. The company is called Bammboards. the hardware on the deck needs some improvements though. I slab on my own gear and it was awesome.

go check it out.

uman

3. Bamboo is a great resource for deck construction…
    But Bammboards are cheap…they are a toy – even sold at etoys.com!
    Habitat’s was cool but not as good as the bamboosk8 deck which has killer pop.

4. i have a personal relationship with bamboo sk8 co. we are tight and i love to ride bamboo.. it has all the features you look for in a skateboard deck, like concave, it has very nice concave that most people i know like, and after showing them a bamboo board from bamboo sk8, they love it and they want to get one also… there are more features about bamboo boards from bamboo sk8 co., they are stronger than regular ply skateboard decks and they will last longer, riding a bamboo deck has changed my skating forever, i will always ride bamboo for as long as i can, and not just because its better, but it also help save the planet earth by not cutting down so many oxygen producing trees.. thanks for listening!!!

5. i bought a bamboo deck a few weeks ago, the deck is great but the grip needs improvement. i like to ride paradox personally.

6. in my opion bamboo skateboards are way better than regular decks used by local skaters my opinion it has better pop and has better formation around the deck. the price is great its not expensive it makes riding so much funner.

7. I’ve been sk8ing for almost 13yrs and have broken many maple decks, which equals up to a ton of trees. about a year ago I found out about Bamboo Sk8 and have rode nothing else since. they are more resistant to breaking than maple, plus bamboo is such a fast and wide grow plant that its eco friendly. So switch over from that old maple deck. Save a tree, Skate Bamboo!

8. i think bamboosk8 probely has the BEST bamboo skateboards out their the price is cheap but fuck the boards arent they probely have to be the best decks i have ever ridden it has the best pop ever and it never goes away and the really really strong their way stronder then a darkstar armor light and they also save the enviroment and were they get the bamboo is were there are no pandas so its not herting anyone or anything bamboosk8 is going to make a huge big diference in skateboarding so i recemond bamboosk8 u can check them out on bamboosk8.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bamboosk8 wat can I say,
    Well they are very reliable. They hold together very nice and well. Other decks break really easy but bamboos dont. I love bamboosk8. I couldnt live without it.

10. bamboo decks are good for the envoriment an good for recorses.regualr decks are usually made from trees wich we need to surivive on earth.bamboo decks is the smart way to go choose bamboosk8.

11. yo i still havent got my bamboo deck yet! but from what i have been reading it sounds like sum thing new. i snap decks with in 3-4 weeks give or take what am doing but if bamboo last long will thats a good deal. cant wait to skate my new deck let you know how it rides.

12. I’ve been trying to figure out ways to be less of an impact on the environment. As soon as I found out about skateboards made of bamboo I had to try one. Specifically I bought a Bamboo sk8. I loved it. It rides great! it looks good and lasts longer! The switch was both good for my skating AND the environment!

13. i believe that bamboo is a great alternate wood source for skateboard decks. it is much stronger and very easily grown. I personally break a lot of decks, however now that i ride bamboosk8 decks that number has decreased. bamboo decks are much stronger and can withstand more impact and force. i also am amazed to think that the bamboo growing down the street from my house is the same type of bamboo that my skateboard is made out of. This is the start of a revolution, support bamboo!!!

14. i love my bamboo deck if i had a maple deck it would have broke by now if u whant 1 go to bamboosk8.com

15. Bamboo is a more natural way to make boards instead of cutting down trees for maple. Bamboo is a safer and smarter way to make skateboard decks, it might even enhance the skateboarding experience itself, for it will be stronger and lighter than standard maple.

16. bamboo skateboards are super light, and cheaper than other boards. Bamboo skate makes sick bamboo board they are the best distrubater of them for sure! and it doesnt kill are world!

17. patrick mcdaniel on August 13th, 2009 at 10:26 pm

ive been skateing for quite a while and this month went through about four skateboards,yea i knowalot for a ameature skater,and about a month ago i foundout about bamboosk8 from a friend and he bought one ofthedecks,soi decided to buy one and its beena month and its the best board iveever used, i would perferifeveronebought one of these boards

18. Hey i got a new bamboo deck and they are the best they last so long absorb the impact better help me land more tricks and has really helped me improve and land way more tricks thanks for making this board it really helps i love it and will skate it for along time

19. Bamboo decks are amazing, they last long, they have great pop, and theyre lighter than maple decks, as soon as i skated a bamboo i knew tht these were the decks for me. GO BAMBOO SK8! best company ever

20. Jordan Sihavong on August 13th, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Maple boards last around 1 month depending on how hard you shred. Bamboo decks last about 3 times that amount of time. And when it does break, it doesnt split apart, it stays together letting you ride away still.

21. Adrienne Jackson on August 13th, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I have been riding my current bamboo sk8 deck for about 7 months now. Still solid pop and all that good stuff. Now let me back track a bit: I bought this deck 7 months ago obviously, and I was a bit skeptical. It took about 2 days for me to get used to it, and just in time because I was getting frustrated. All of a sudden, my tricks got cleaner and more consistent, I could really feel the board, and I was just having more fun skating. The deck splinters a bit but I believe the generation 2 bamboo sk8 decks have been improved. Either way the shape does not change at all and I never have to deal with “soggy pop”. I try as hard as I can to tell people about the benefits of bamboo skateboards but they usually are just as skeptical as I was before I bought my deck. I’m saying this now: If you really want to be a cleaner and more consistent skateboarder, try this deck, you will not regret it. Thanks bamboo sk8 for making me love skateboarding even more!

22. Bamboo is the best quality board for there price.I think bamboo is a safer way to make skateboards.Bamboo is lighter and has alottt more pop then maple.In my 2 and half years of skating ive broken numerous skateboards but since ive bought bamboo decks the number of broken boards had decrese.My longest lasted bamboo board was 4 months and thats really good knowing maple boards last a month for me.As long as i skate i will forever use bamboo decks not just becase there amazing pop and perfect concave,But because its eco friendly.Go save some trees and buy bamboo decks.

-vincent

23. Ok, I am a very rough skater. I like stairs and rails. When I rode maple wood boards if I landed wrong I would snap my board. Then about a year ago I found out about bamboosk8. I got one and it is the best board I’ve ever had. It’s strong and it’s got alot of pop. I will never ride another board again.

24. so yea i got a bamboo deck the deck is easy to get pop and man let me tell u my ollies never been so high. For me the bamboo sk8 deck is amazing the one thing i like about to deck is that it a though board because i like stairs and rails the slide come out so perfect i mens tailslides noseslides bluntslide it just a great board the light to ska8boarding is bamboo.

25. i think the bamboo decks are amazing! they dont break, there comfortable, and i love them and will be buying another one any time now….!!!!! keep it up with the great decks and ill be buying one any day!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. bamboo boards are bangin i got one and ive gotten soo much better i got all of my tricks clean now.And the good thing about bamboo is that it just grows back in like 2 or 3 hours so we can keep using it for the bad ass boards.and they dont cut them bye any wild life so it doesnt afect the pandas.go and get yours self a bamboo board now!!!

27. sebastian garcia on August 14th, 2009 at 9:31 am

bamboosk8 boards are the best I know because I got my a few weeks ago. now I can do all the tricks I couldn’t do with my old board. I always just to snap the old ones but the bamboosk8 board did not snap with the trick I do. the best one and now the pop of the board the best. I am telling my frinds to buy a bamboosk8 board.

28. With an almost endless supply of bamboo, I’m pleased to say that Bamboo Sk8 as helped me be green! With WAY better pop and durability, I could not have had a better board. It’s lighter yet, stronger and more flexible. Bamboo Sk8 is skateboarding the way nature intended it, and I wouldn’t do it any other way! BAMBOO SK8 ALL THE WAY!

29. I love my Bamboosk8! It’s my way to hang out with the guys and challenge myself with learning something new and getting better skating =)

30. i’ve skated many differnt decks,but once i got a bamboo sk8,i fell in love,its like the best thing since the invention of grinding wax,i recomend it to every one who skates in the WORLD!!!

31. i bought a bamboo deck a month ago, and they are the greatest boards i have ever bought, it is super strong and i know i can trust its strength with the tricks i do, i hope bamboo sk8 never goes out of business keep up the good work guys, YOUR AWSOME!!

32. Bamboo boards are only $28 and have great pop. They take a long time to break and are just all around good boards.

33. the bamboo decks are so stong i wouldnt trade it for anything.
    my old deck snapt within 2 months and i have had my bamboo deck for 3 months

34. I received a bamboo deck and it is great Ive been landing every tricks now you guys should really buy a bamboo deck becuase it has great pop, great concave, and 100% that you will land every trick you know.I love bamboo decks and i will ride it for the rest of my skateboarding years.

35. The bamboo deck is one of the best decks i have ever bought.Like you said it has a great pop, and it can withhold tremendous weight. Plus it has no graphic so you don’t have to worry about ruining it when you grind. Bamboo decks are by far the best i have ever owned.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

36. my bamboo deck is sick theyer really strong and pretty light

37. my bamboo deck is really strong and holds its pop and flip like magic. no other maple deck i have had has held them this long. they are also really economical because bamboo grows faster than maple so you can harvest it without killing the trees off, skateboards are the number one killer of maple trees. bamboo is also stronger than maple so it will not brake as easily. overall i would say that it was a worthwhile investment.

38. [...] http://www.skateboardworks.com/2008/11/25/skateboard-manufacturing-finding-new-wood-sources/ [...]

39. dont even get me started on bamboo decks! they are the best decks you can ever get! they are way better than maple decks and they dont snap. they have such good pop! the tail and noise never ware down and they always keep their shape! they are for everybody and you should buy one! they are the most durible deck out there that you can buy.

40. I just love bamboo skateboards.They’re much better than maple. It has a long lasting pop. And I just love using my bamboo skateboard because it super strong and can withstand a tremendous amount of weight. And it doesn’t chip on the the concaves. I say it’s a 100% times better than maple. I LOVE BAMBOO SK8boards. Keep up the good work Bamboo sk8

41. i think that bamboosk8 deck is by far better than every deck out there and iot has a lot of pop the board will be under your legs everytime u do a trick soo no matter what u do you will land it and bamboosk8 decks are made out of 100% bamboo so its nt bad for the inviremnt and its also not a lot of money its not like evry other deck 50-60$ its cheaper and every1 can get it soo i think if u skate you should skate bamboosk8 beacuse they are by far the best decks you”ll ever skate!!.

42. I bought a bamboo board not knowing if it was really that good or not, but it turned out great. it lasted me longer than any of my other boards i have bought. it has good pop and the pop lasts pretty long. they are pretty cheap boards too unlike the pro decks which are like $60. overall its a great board and plus it helps save trees.

43. my bamboo deck is great its really strong, has great pop, and is pretty light.

44. i thog that bamboo is the best brand ever becausse they are stronder then all my other boards

45. The bamboo deck is a great deck the reason i like it is because of the concave and aslo the way the moves and turns.Like I say and many others the bamboo decks have great pop,and can deal with alot of weight on them.Then it can not ruin the graphic because it doesn’t have one.I love my bamboo deck so do many others.

46. Jon Christiansen on August 16th, 2009 at 3:05 pm

47. chaandler shaw on August 16th, 2009 at 3:05 pm

they have better pop than pro decks they last longer and they are just awesome keep rokin

48. aight… i love skating and as well as workin hard constantly, a little boost in the way of a new board cant hurt…. anyways… bamboo boards are SWEET! the bamboo in it made it much stronger than my older boards and therefore im not spendin all my money on decks. thats money wise, skate wise… my double flips became as easy as kickflips and my pop gained about an extra 8-12 INCHES!!!! these couldve have been a result of just a full summer… but even if they are, i know the bamboo helped.

49. I got to hand it to bamboosk8 for making a great board. It has loads of pop and its nice and durable.

50. dude these decks are sick
    massive pop, great concave,
    last forever ( went through a nine set with it 16 times and still is
    just as good )
    BAMBOO FOR LIFE!!!

51. I’m 6 yrs old and I just started riding for Bamboo Sk8. I like their skateboards because they are good for the environment. Bamboo grows faster than trees, and we need to keep all the tree for our air.

52. i bought 2 of these decks about a month ago. i am almost done with the second one…….for me that is actually really amazing. when i skate like i have been i would go through like4 to 6 pacific drive shop boards. although the grip that you can order with their boards is good, i found using their boards with paradox was a great combination.

53. i love bamboo sk8 boards their durable ite like a blank skateboard but the eco friendly version witch is what i love about these boards
    it has good concave it keeps the pop 4 a long time
    i bought 1 of these boards to try it out and it was amazing i might be
    riding these boards 4 a long time

54. i think that they skate really good and that they have a pretty good pop. i also like that it flexs more then a standard board and doesnt break nearly as easy.

55. bamboo boards are amazing to skate they have aloy of pop and are great 4 skate videos they have pop, lots of spin, and they last for a while… always get bamboo boards

56. I bought a Bamboosk8 deck and figured it was like any old deck… i was wrong. Theese decks have such amazing pop. In my opinion they are a little bit better than plan B decks. I bought one about a month ago. and no chips no cracks nothing. i will always remember theese decks because i landed a switch tre flip on it. I’m trying to get my friends to skate these. Bamboo skateboards are by far the best boards i have ever skated!

57. well im already thrilled that its better on the environment now i can skate with less carbon dioxide in my lungs haha, but lets get serious im giving them a 10 out of 10 they skate amazing and now i dont go through two boards a month. The concave perfectly fits the arch of my feet for cleaner tricks and stronger ankles lol. Well every who hasnt got one yet do it not only for the environment but, for your skateboarding soul. Bamboo all the way.

58. well im already thrilled that its better on the environment now i can skate with less carbon dioxide in my lungs haha, but lets get serious im giving them a 10 out of 10 they skate amazing and now i dont go through two boards a month. The concave perfectly fits the arch of my feet for cleaner tricks and stronger ankles lol. Well every who hasnt got one yet do it not only for the environment but, for your skateboarding soul. Bamboo all the way. five stars.

59. sorry i sent that under my name sean forgot to change it to his

60. well im already thrilled that its better on the environment now i can skate with less carbon dioxide in my lungs haha, but lets get serious im giving them a 10 out of 10 they skate amazing and now i dont go through two boards a month. The concave perfectly fits the arch of my feet for cleaner tricks and stronger ankles lol. Well every who hasnt got one yet do it not only for the environment but, for your skateboarding soul. Bamboo all the way.five stars.

61. bamboo decks have gnarly pop

62. Bamboo sk8 has the highest quality skateboards on the market. I purchased 4 of the decks thinking that i would break one every week like i do with maple. 4 decks has proven to be way to many, due to the fact that i am still riding the first one i put together. the pop never goes away, the shape always stays the same, the glue used to keep the plies together keeps the deck together extremely well, and the shape of the boards are amazing. the decks never really need wax to do a slide of some sort on the deck, due to the glossy glue used. these boards will not chip, like a traditional maple deck will. no more worrying about landings on the board wrong and having the tail get a nice gash in it. i dont have to worry about going down 15 stairs and my board breaking because i didnt land right on the bolts. i can land however i want on the board and it will not break! bamboo sk8 has made there decks extremely durable and i am 100% satisfied with my deck. i will never purchase another maple deck again and i will stick with bamboo sk8 skateboards untill the day i stop riding. the price on these decks are very low for the quality the board brings! based on the quality of these decks, i would price the decks off the charts! i have never been happier with a company in my life. bamboo sk8 is fantastic, and i love the company. amazing customer support, fast replies with question, etc. go out and purchase an amazing deck from BAMBOO SK8 at http://www.bamboosk8.com .

63. Steven Tyler Streetman on August 16th, 2009 at 4:17 pm

My bamboo deck is my #1 in my top 5 skateboards that I like to skate. 1st off they have gnarly pop that makes just the perfect sound when it snaps off the ground. 2nd, when I do board slides, there is no sign of any bendage in the middle, it’s just like sliding on the hardest piece of metal but in wood form. 3rd the concave is so perfect that i can do a double kickflip with ease, and tre flips just float off my feet. Lastly, this board is so long lasting it makes stride gum seem like ordinary gum.

64. Layne Stratton on August 16th, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Okay so here is how it is. BAMBOO SK8 IS THE BEST. way more pop, way more flick, and is just amazing! perfect concave! i cant stop buying these boards! and its good for the enviroment! maple trees should only be for maple syrup! Bamboo will never, and i mean NEVER break! anyone that isnt a poser in skateboarding has to buy bamboo. otherwise it shows you dont know whats the best! BAMBOO FOR LIFE!

65. i also have personal relashions with bammboo sk8. these boards have perfect concave and pop. these ares boards that i would recomend.

66. I want to leave feedback and express my happiness for my BambooSK8 deck.
    I’ll start with ordering and shipping. The price is very exceptable especially for the quality of the deck, $28.00. The shipping was also extremely reasonable. I ordered it on a Wednesday and came on Monday of the next week, 4 business days! In the box came a deck, grip tape, and 6 stickers. Next is the quality. First we’ll check out the grip tape. It is Premium Skateboards grip tape. It is not pre-poked with holes for preventing air bubbles so you will need to poke in holes with a razor blade. And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the quality of the deck. Well, to begin the bamboo looks cool even without a graphic. More importantly the pop is excellent. It doesn’t even feel like I have to put an effort in to ollie any more, and its not something you have to get used to! Its great! Also the strength of the board is amazing. I don’t see any stress cracks and there are no chips. Well I hope you check out those decks and maybe buy one and see for your self. Thanks for reading! Have fun skating. I wish good luck to all of you.

67. Darrell Eiland Jr on August 16th, 2009 at 4:28 pm

bamboo decks have more pop than maple.
    bamboo decks only use 3 to 4 plys instead of 7-8 plysand still last longer.
    for all skaters bamboo will last for months while some maple boards break in one day in u do big stuff.

68. i have just had an amazing sesh with my bamboo board from bamboo sk8, i received it about a month ago and the pop is amazing, it hasnt gone down a bit!! bamboo is a fast growing plant that is eco friendly and strong under pressure, so with these facts i would definately recommend getting a bamboo board for people who snap maple boards or other types of boards….

69. christos kaloudis on August 16th, 2009 at 4:59 pm

i just got a bamboo skateboard and oh my god i love it!!! thv pop is betyter i could only ollie 4 decks with others now i can ollie 5! the flip is out of this world. i can do a nice tre flips, hardflips, and others almost everytime now!!! and the board will not break i can feel it! thank you bamboo for making me a better a bettver skater

70. I got a bamboo skateboard about 3 weeks ago, and i can say that its way better than any deck I’ve had so far. Its has much better, longer lasting pop, its much lighter and more durable, and much easier to flick, I’ve learned a bunch of new tricks in the past 2 weeks and they’re clean and were really easy to learn if you ask me. I’m so glad i bought a bamboo deck, and im sure with the durability it has, it will definitely last much longer than any deck I’ve had so far. I can guarantee i will buy more bamboo decks in the future.

71. i have a bamboo skate deck and i love it has the best pop ive ever imagined i can do tres with eas ive done sum of the biggest gaps and it stil hasnt snapped

72. I have just recently started skating bamboo decks from BambooSK8 and I am very impressed with its performance, they are lighter and stronger than normal 7-ply maple skateboards. As soon as I stepped on my board I could feel the difference from the bamboo deck from BambooSK8 than the other 7-ply maple skateboards I had skated before. I found it easier to learn new tricks, and It was so light I could ollie almost a whole deck higher! Its also great for the environment. I would definitely encourage any skateboarder from beginner to pro to buy a bamboo deck from BambooSK8!

73. these decks are amazing. they have great pop and everything..it is a must. i recommend them to everyone!

74. I am a Bamboo Sk8 sponsored rider and i have to say i love their boards. The bamboo really does last 2-3 times longer than canadian maple does, and it is slicker. The bamboo boards have the most concave of any board i have skated in a while. It is definitely my favorite type of board and it means a lot for me to be helping the environment.

75. Bamboo is the best deck i have skated so far because it doesn’t crack easy like maple decks it has lots of concave so that means it has lots of pop i love this board I can do my tricks better on bamboo decks then their cheaper than other boards SO I SAY THAT BAMBOO IS THE NUMBER ONE DECK.

76. i love bamboo there the best boards i have EVER skated

77. bamboo sucks!
    i ride for them and the pop is terrible they snap easily
    bamboo has made me worse of a skateboarder

78. I have had at least 3 bamboo decks. i love them. the pop they have is amazing!! and how long they last is awesom too. i really like the concave in the bords

79. i got a bamboo deck and i got to say it rides smooth and has better pop for flip tricks and grinds. this board is the new mapple. bamboo doesnt bend as much as my old board and this deck is in the best shape. i skate fresh with the bamboo. no more mapple theres a new deck in town the bamboo and im going to keep skating bamboo tell i cant skate no more. bamboo is the shiz. peace . bamboo !!!

80. Nathan Florsheim on August 16th, 2009 at 7:19 pm

I have ridden many different types of skateboard, mostly larger brands (i.e. Almost, Element, Mystery, etc.). I always like to look into more eco-friendly ways of living, and since I skateboard, I though why not try to find a more environmental friendly way of skating? I started to do some research and found out that bamboo grows much quickly in much larger numbers than Canadian Maple (the standard in almost all skateboard brands). I also found out that it is not only more eco-friendly, but also much stronger. I knew before that bamboo was a very strong and flexible material, so a bamboo skateboard would be amazing. I almost immediately ordered one of these boards waited around 5 days and it was at my doorstep. I quickly gripped it up and took it outside to skate. Compared to maple this board was amazing. It had better pop, more flexibility, a more natural feel. Maple is stiff and that is why it is know to snap, but bamboo has more flex and bend than maple, while maintaining a good stiff feeling; because of this “flex” bamboo boards will withstand a lot more bending before breaking. With a bamboo board you won’t have to worry about landing to far up on your nose while skating a nice stair set. Bamboo also has much more closely threaded fibers than Maple, so it will maintain its pop much longer. The switch from maple to bamboo might feel slightly strange at first, but you will quickly get used to it. Bamboo Sk8 has made a great idea come true. They make great boards, at a very affordable price. I highly recommended that you order one of these boards and experience Bamboo Sk8.

81. I Really Enjoy my bamboo deck. Its got so much more pop then all my previous maple decks. Lets just quit using maple and go all out bamboo decks, it would be revoulutionary. Some kids say that if a board is made of bamboo… it would break easily, well thats why we are here to proove them wrong and help are earth with these eco-friendly skate decks. When i first got my deck i was really glad its looked so nice, i decided to go down town with it. It was so much funner than a maple deck, it was like all my tricks were alot better and the pop was incredible. I think that if everyone has the experience of skating a 100% bamboo deck they would definantly not be disapointed. They would probley agree with me that these decks.. are trick boosters. When i skate on my bamboo deck it seems that anything and everything is possible. These skate decks will change the world, and help it at the same time. I really love my bamboo deck. And i plan on using bamboo decks alot in my future years of skating. I just cant live without my bamboo deck.

82. Bamboo skateboards are soo sick the board has perfect pop and i can do almost every trick on Bamboo skateboards. Bamboo rulez!!!!!!!!!!!

83. i havent rode a bamboo yet but ive heard great things and from what ive heard i would never buy a maple deck again. the next deck i get is defianetely going to be bamboo. ive heard that it has great pop and amazing concave not too much but not too less. i heard all of this from very reliable sources that i trust and that i know have rode them. also i know they have great prices compared to any other board you can get that is maple and a pro board, or even amateur. basically what im saying is go out and get yourself a bamboo deck, break your maple and skate eco-friendly and with style and great performance.

84. bamboosk8 decks are the best deck u have to get them if nopt your missing out on the best deck u could ever have their made out of bamboo so it has really really goooood pop and iy just never goes away their extremely strong remember bamboo doesnte break it BENDS !!!!!!!! haha so get some of their decks their sooo sick and awesome i will never ride a different deck EVER AGAIN PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!DILLON VOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85. i got one of these boards and there really great. they also are very strong and have good pop

86. I recieved my bamboosk8 deck like a month ago and it is amazing! It has insanely crazy pop and is very durable. I love skating and helping the enviornment while doing it which is why bamboosk8 is my favorite.

87. well my cousin has one and he says that it is the best skateboard that he has ever own. i want one so bad but no money. they look so smooth.

88. THESE DECKS ARE BUTTER!!! it cant get any better than this, bamboo boards hold up to anything i throw down. After a great sesh with my friends at a skatepark, or whatever the board doesnt have some gnarly pressure cracks like maple boards do. SO lets see your maple board last as long as a bamboo board go to their website and buy one their cheap and amazingly good.

89. i love this deck the pop is amazing and it ir really really strong i couldnt do any flip tricks on a maple board but when i got this in 2 weeks i could land 360 double flips double kickflips heelflips and 180s and much more thank u for the board I LOVE IT.

90. As many others have said, Bamboo is very durable. But what I like is this skate company is very devoted to trying to make the best boards they can by changing the shape, concave, pop, these boards are incredibly stiff too. They are just awesome, and the fact that they’re eco friendly makes them even more awesome.

91. wow, i dont know where to start, my bomboo sk8board is amazing, it has the most pop of any board i have ever had, i have had it forever now, the performance is amazing, it has the best durability of any board on the market, i dont what to say, but i love these things man……

92. bamboo boards are the best ive ever skated and ill never go back to those other crappy skateboards

93. WOW!!!what can i say about bamboosk8? Well there boards…BEST EVER IN THE WORLD!!!if i had to choose between the coolest design on maple or a plain bamboosk8 deck i would choose maple =]…just kidding i would get the BAMBOOSK8 DECK cuz bamboo boards are so much durable,lighter,stronger and they have a lot more pop than maple =]…and they dont chip or snap as fast as maple cuz they are stronger =D. so if i were anyone else…i would go on Bamboosk8.com so i can buy my decks and shirts cuz bamboosk8 is awesome!!! =DDD

94. bamboo skateboards are the best. They have so much pop. They are stronger. Also, they are lighter

Bamboo sk8 is the best!

95. omg…
    bamboo sk8 decks are the best quality boards that money can buy.
    so much much stronger than 7ply maple, and its so underrated.
    people need to start endorsing in bamboo, because in time, there won’t anymore availible maple to make decks, thats where bamboo comes in.
    it’s the best and i’ve had my deck for 2 months, its amazing how it stays durable for two months. it’s so much stronger and can withstands board stomps and lipslides :)
    its so strong its unbelievable
    BAMBOO for life dawg
    wont skate another deck again :)

96. bamboo decks are awesome. i just bought one and it at least gave me an extra 2 and a half inch higher pop. these decks are the best ever and if you don’t have 1 you need to get one because you dont know what you are missing out on.

97. First off, i heard about this company and thought, “this isnt possible”. Turns out it was. On my standard maple decks i could barely ollie over 3 decks. First day i picked up my bamboo deck i easily cleared 4 decks, nearly 5. I also landed my first nollie and switch varial kickflips that day. Along with a nollie tre and a switch flip or two. This thing blew my mind, and after 5 weeks of skating, this thing still has outstanding pop and shape. Bamboo is seriously the future of skateboarding, since it grows so fast and provides this amazing skateboard deck. I honestly done think i will EVER go back to skating a normal maple deck, EVER.

98. Bamboo skateboards are going to go big. Last year when i got my first bamboo deck i dident find a bad thing about them. The pop, the weight, the firmness, the price….. I know im never skating a maple again. Bamboo changed my life as well as my skating, and bamboo is going to be our only resource for skateboards in the near future. Bamboo is the best board you can buy. You cant find a better board than bamboo board. So next time you are getting a deck at your local shop or online, try a bamboo board and i promise they wont let you down.

99. I just want to say bamboosk8 decks are very durable , have great pop,shape, and being made of bamboo it reduces an impact on the environment, and the price cant be beat it would be blastphomy if you didnt buy one.

100. I have skated many boards and so far, none of them compare to the pop, durability, and overall great and comfortable feeling of a Bamboosk8 board. I like skating boards that last and that actually feel good and Bamboosk8 manufactures boards that do just that

101. bamboo sk8 has the most wonderful idea to design a skate board that has pop duribilty. bamboo skateboards are very useful in street skating and in vert as well. i am mixture of both and i haven’t broken my board yet. they dont chip or snap. bamboo sk8 is great bamboo sk8 is the best i have already gone through three

102. charles wallace on August 17th, 2009 at 5:34 am

wow, well i love skating bamboo, they are stronger more pop, pop lasts longer. etc i wld trade any maple deck in for a bamboo sk8 deck
    and i will be ordering some new decks soon so hope to ride those.
    also loving the looks of the shirts
    peace.: )

103. I have ridden a bamboo deck, and boy do they last long. They have really good pop and are almost impossible to snap. I skated it for about a month before it started to lose a little pop. I could still skate it now, but I like decks with as much pop as possible. They are good for the environment too!

104. out with maple in with bamboosk8!!
    they are tha best pop is amazing and it feels like it will never break its tha best deck you could EVER buy hands down!!!!

105. Wow, thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like I need to try a Bamboo deck. Hopefully all of the skate companies will get on bored and start offering bamboo decks soon.

106. bamboo boards are great and have great popand are like impact support but better

107. Bamboo Sk8 decks are awesome. Great pop, great durability, and very light! I was riding an 8′ deck and it felt like I was riding a 7.5′!

108. I’ve been skateboarding for almost 5 years now. I get flow from my local shop and I go to contests regularly. When I got started companies we’re just beginning to try out new and inventive technologies in skateboard construction. Ive ridden Blind’s Eternal Life, Darkstar’s Armor Ply, ALL of almost’s decks (impact support, resin 7&8, Uberlight) Element’s Helium, so on and so fourth…..
    Lets face it, skateboarding is advancing at an extensional rate, and there is alot of competition out there.
    I have yet to purchase a Bamboo Deck, due to monetary issues, however I have had one and it is awesome, one of the best decks out there right now. I skate vert ramps and street regularly, and usually I have 2 different decks for both but the Bamboo worked great on both. Its good and stiff however it has that “flex” that every board neeeds, plus has just the right amount of concave. I have skated it longer and it has keep its pop longer that any deck I have ever ridden. I loved the deck, plus everything that the company stands for. I can foresee that Bamboo can become one of the leading decks in the near future. Everyone knows that it is one of the strongest, most plentiful materials on earth, so it makes sense to make something like a skateboard out of it. It’s such a good idea that other companies are already starting to catch on, adding bamboo to their decks as well. One of them being Blackout. I actually skated one recently, knowing how great my Bamboo was I assumed it should have some of the same qualities. It wasnt half as great as Bamboosk8′s entire bamboo board, however it wasnt bad either.
    I cant wait until more people actually try BambooSk8, because they will be instantly hooked with this new and amazing board. They last longer, skate better, are better for our ebviroment and the best part is they are CHEEPER than any of the other boards out there. Whats to lose? You tell me, because I can find nothing bad about these boards, except maybe a drop in board sales because they last longer than any deck out there!!! :p

109. bamboo decks are amazing…they are very durable and strong, and are realy good deck.!!!!!! they are very comfortable, keep it up

110. the bamboo deck has aswome feel to it when you ride it it pops really good and they last a long time

111. Awsome decks,love tha pop!!!!!!Very strong!!!One of tha best decks i own!!!All skate companies should sell bamboo decks!!!Awsome job!

112. flat out bamboo is probably the best board you can get

113. bamboo boards are stronger and lighter than maple. Its better for the enviroment becaus bamboo grows fast pop last a long time too

114. My pops have improved much m,ore with bamboo boards
    they are high quality and it is really cheap
    bamboo its pretty much trying to make a skaters life batter and easier.Now i have my tricks first try and really clean bamboo boards are light and last a lot they do not snap easy…(:

115. Bamboo decks realy help me when it came to skateing
    because I broke my boards multiple times landing tricks
    wrong,but now that i’ve bought a bamboo skateboard
    my tricks are starting to come out alittle cleaner,
    i actuall tryed to brake it when i first got it to see
    how good it would be,and not one scratch or crack was on it

116. My bamboo deck is the best deck i ever had it has so much pop it looks cool and it is lasting longer than any board i ever had

117. they’re the best boards and if u go to sponsorhouse.com and get sponsored by them u can get the decks for 28 dollars much cheaper than a shop board

118. Seriously,Bamboosk8 decks are crazy good.I swear I put my life on it.Right when you get on it you know you’ve made the right decision in choosing bamboosk8 decks.I know I did.Right when I got on my board without even warming up I busted a fronstside flip like nothing.I know AMAZING! Isn’t it.Plus when you buy a bamboosk8 deck you’ll be helping the Earth while still being able to shred while saving trees.Trust me bamboo is the way to go. I swear!!! Buy Bamboosk8 decks! Bamboo is the way to go.

119. I love the bamboo boards.They’re so durable.I was skating at this indoor skatepark and I snap the nose on my board to the point where it touched the ground and It just bent back into place!!!It finally died the forth time I snaped it.It got an awsome flick.Catching the board in the air has been so much easier.Gotta love the Bamboo.

120. Im just going to keep my reply short and simple. Bamboo is used all over the world for many, many different things. This is not something new. Bamboo has been used for centuries. A bamboo deck is just one ways that its used. People have bamboo floors, mats, doors, desks, cook wear and other things made of bamboo. A 100% bamboo deck my not take over maple decks but they will help the environment, by giving the maple trees a little more time to grow back.

121. These decks are eco friendly and very smooth it feels like im skating on jello

122. I love bamboosk8. the pop is the poop and i love bamboo. buy it now.

123. Bamboo boards are really good boards, they dont break easy and they have really good pop.

124. i love the decks because they are so durable and last such along time. the pop on it was amazing i can get so much higher and because of bamboosk8 deck i was able to land tricks that i never thought i would have befor. they are the strongest boareds possible i tried brakeing mine on purpose and i had to use a car to brake it i was amazed because i thought it was going to break when i was stomping it. but there soooo light it is amazing i have the impact support and i do big stuff and it doesnt get pressure cracks in them. it is also better because its not stiff like regular boards it has a flex to it which allows it to have more pop.

125. yeah,bamboo is the best thing since wipcearm,u gotta get 1

126. BEST DECK EVER!

127. this is my experience about using bamboo sk8!
    Weight: bamboo sk8 is super light but its not easy to break if u land a trick down a mega stair or gap!
    pop: OMG! bamboo sk8′s popable is awesome dude! it helps u ollie higher and able to do more tricks!
    Price: If u compare bambbo sk8 with other sk8board, its a lot cheaper but the quality is better than some famous sk8 brand!

u guys should try it

128. I have to say, out of all my years skating there have been many revolutionary decks i have come across, and ive tried them all, paid so much, and very few are worth it, but htne i found bamboo decks and they are cheaper than other boards, they are almost impossible to snap, i mean try it as hard as you want its amazing, and the lightness, better than thinner than air feather boards. I love these boards so much, and i hope they stay around forever because they are the best thing to hit the market. I have grown up using these boards now and they took me form ollying a three stair to kickflip b/s lipslide a 11 stair handrail, and they dont snap or loose durability. I trust these boards more than any other and they offer the highest quality. They are possibly the most amazing boards ever made, i mean you people probably are like wth this guy works for the team or something, but try one cuz they will impress you more than any other, they really are so great that i feel i must talk about it, haha, i really hope to become professional one day, and i wouldnt imagine it being possible without the amazgness of these boards.

129. I’ve been skateboarding for almost 1 years now. I get flow from my local shop and I go to contests regularly. When I got started companies we’re just beginning to try out new and inventive technologies in skateboard construction. Ive ridden Eternal Life, Darkstar’s Armor Ply, ALL of almost’s decks (impact support, resin 7&8, Feather light) Element’s Helium, so on and so fourth…..
    I have yet to purchase a Bamboo Deck, due to monetary issues, however I have had one and it is awesome, one of the best decks out there right now. I skate vert ramps and street regularly, and usually I have 2 different decks for both but the Bamboo worked great on both. Its good and stiff however it has that “flex” that every board neeeds, plus has just the right amount of concave. I have skated it longer and it has keep its pop longer that any deck I have ever ridden. I loved the deck, plus everything that the company stands for. I can foresee that Bamboo can become one of the leading decks in the near future. Everyone knows that it is one of the strongest, most plentiful materials on earth, so it makes sense to make something like a skateboard out of it. It’s such a good idea that other companies are already starting to catch on, adding bamboo to their decks as well. One of them being Blackout. I actually skated one recently, knowing how great my Bamboo was I assumed it should have some of the same qualities. It wasnt half as great as Bamboosk8’s entire bamboo board, however it wasnt bad either.
    I cant wait until more people actually try BambooSk8, because they will be instantly hooked with this new and amazing board. They last longer, skate better, are better for our ebviroment and the best part is they are CHEEPER than any of the other boards out there. Whats to lose? You tell me, because I can find nothing bad about these boards, except maybe a drop in board sales because they last longer than any deck out there! :D

130. i love these decks they have great pop they last forever there not to expensive.

131. I got a bamboo Deck :O they. keep theyre pop really eaisly, Made for a smooooooth ride, anda are Really good for the enviroment :), what more could you ask for! They also are quite light, which helps for a nice high pop, higher tricks and easier to spin the board, bamboo decks are good quality decks for amazing prices, so i highly reccomed you get one. thanks

132. Cameron Graham (cgsk8t3) on August 19th, 2009 at 8:34 am

I personally love bamboo skate decks, they are completely unique from Canadian maple and other woods.Bamboo is a a hghly durable material that wont break unless you try to intentionally destroy it. Bamboo skateboards are also very lightweight, thats the main part that i love. I am a street skater so weight is very important to me. With all theese other skate companies starting a line of super lightweight boards (Elements helium filled/almost uberlights etc..)none of them compare to the weay a bamboo deck rides. Where the big brand lightweight boards are pretty light (but not as light as bamboo)they break extremley easily. I highly suggest A bamboo deck for anyone looking to purchase a new deck

133. Kristen Kolondra on August 19th, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Ive been riding maple boards for a very very long time. i have come to the conclusion that they break Very easily. I was introduced to Bamboo skateboards about a month ago. They are the best boards i have ever ridden! They have sooo much more pop then the maple boards. they are also sooo much more stronger then the maple boards. this is a very great advantage in the skateboarding world. I definitely suggest Bamboo Sk8 skateboards not only because they have bamboo skateboards, but because they keep the boards original and have no logo which is a great idea so you don’t mess up the backgrounds. Thank you Bamboo Skat8!

134. The boards are amazing i used to sk8 Zero but since i bought a bamboo board i just broke my zero and other boards bc bamboo boards are cheap and Last long they also had way more pop then my other boards

135. bamboo skateboards were probably one of the smartest ideas and coolest ideas when i heard about them, if you look at the facts we could be saving the world a lot and be skating way better skateboards that dont chip and snap when you hit a wall or fall on it. also they’re so much cheaper then wooden skateboards.

GET A BAMBOO SKATEBOARD!

136. Bamboo skates are really good decks. mine has alot of pop. after a while my decks start to sound like a tooth pick but my Bamboo sk8 still sounds and rides as good as when i bought it.

137. the bamboo decks are super durable 11 stairs couldnt snap it i ride my friends deck and its insanley great the bamboo is 100% real and
    ull never want to skate anything else

138. my bro bought a bamboo board and all i have to say was it was sweet it road smoothly nice pop took a while to chip very lightweight and yet resistant nice amount of concave and its pretty dang cheap! i find it a blessing also that it helps the ecosystem by not using maple and other chemicals and using natural glue count your blessings guys this board was from god!

139. oh yeah and its from bamboosk8! excellent comp great service nice as hell!

140. for the longest time i have been skating blank skateboard decks thinking that they are a deal. Thene i got to thinking they are not such a deal if they break right away so i started to look for new decks that dont break as quickly. Eventualy i had come accros bamboo sk8 decks and instantly tried one.
    WOW!!!!!!!! Wat a defference not only are these decks extremely durable the pop, and just overall feel of the board is fantstic.
    keep it up bamboo sk8 your company is sure to break through soon.

141. lamonte mcallister on August 22nd, 2009 at 10:37 am

bamboo is apart my everyday life its a good quality it’s tuff and has the cleanest pop and the product is reliable i wdouldnt sk8 any other product bamboo over all. Bamboo decks can take a lot of pressure its layers are perfect it’s like the bamboo absorbs the impact bamboo wouldnt change it 2 nothing

142. bamboo skate decks are really durable they have a great pop that seems like it lasts for ever. they have a flip that is equally as good. they are also very environmental skateboards have taken over as the number one killer of maple trees in the world. a maple tree takes 40-60 years before it can be harvested. bamboo grows back a few shoots in couple of weeks. over all they are really great boards.

143. these boards are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

144. these are the sweets boards ever everyone should have one

145. these are the sweets boards ever evryone should have one

146. Hey i got a bamboo skate board from Bamboosk8 it is awsome. I used to ride only Black Label which are really good but do not nearly acheive the pop, the durability, or the lightness of a bamboo skateboard.

147. hahahaha this company is great………….i dont know……im just some kid on a PC….that skates when he gets bored…..hahahaha you never know…….maybe ill see some of you other skaters at the ayer show in san luis obispo…….

148. i love bamboo sk8 decks they have so much pop. one of the owners at the bamboo sk8 warehouse,(Ron)gives me test decks all the time and i love them exspecially the new mystery test deck.keep up the good work and bamboo sk8 deserves a award for best boards ever!!!!!!!!!

149. The new Bamboo skateboard is the best as it is highly sustainable, the normal boards are made wood and have a big chance of snapping when using them over a long period whereas this board is made of bamboo making it a stronger and sustainable board.

The boards are competively priced, and i would reccomened buying one if you skate alot !

150. I bought a bamboo board last year and i’m still riding it! the bamboo wood is flexible and durable so you don’t have worry about snapping your board down a big set. i don’t!
    I highly recommend bamboo sk8″!

151. I personally own my own Bamboo Sk8 skateboard. At first, I was skeptical about the whole bamboo idea, because I was worried that it was not going to be very strong. But as I began to progress while using the Bamboo Sk8 board, I realized that Bamboo Sk8 had not only created an ECO-friendly board, but they had also put incredible amounts of time, planning, and quality work into making these skateboards strong. I used to snap a lot of decks before I started riding a Bamboo Sk8 skateboard, but I have been riding this new Bamboo Sk8 board for a long time now, and I have not snapped, or cracked it yet, in any way. It is one of the sturdiest boards ever. I personally recommend Bamboo Sk8 to ALL skateboarders. Whether you ride street, pipe, vert, its up to you, but whatever you ride, Bamboo Sk8 is right for you. It’s afford-ably priced, and very ECO-friendly. I LOVE BAMBOO SK8.

152. I love these guy’s decks! I will recomend them to a friend any day. They are good and long lasting.You should support this company.Drew Dawson

153. Bamboosk8 is the best company ever. Not only are their boards awesome but they’re helping keep the deforestation rates down! The decks are lighter than maple ones. The concaves bamboosk8 made on the boards are phenominal. I get more pop, flip, and spin I noticed that they dont chip like maple decks which is a plus! And they are hard and not bendy like maple decks. As soon as I skated their decks i knew these were it. Best decks ever!

154. Bamboo Boards are amazing,They have extraordinary they have Great pop and there strong,They have great concave and flip.They do not chip like other boards do and there a great price!

overall Bamboo Decks are just phenominal

I strongly Recommend Bamboo decks as a skater

155. I got a bamboo deck from Bamboosk8 and its truly AMAZING! It has a nice concave and great POP. After i skated it i told myself i am skating Bamboosk8 forever and because its made of bamboo it pretty dng strong and definetly stronger than the average ply. I love it if yr interested in a bamboo board check out bamboosk8.com you wont regret it and their prices are wayy more than fair. :)

156. I have to be honest, when i heard about bamboosk8 i thought it would be just like all the other horrible little skateboard companies that no one knew about, just trying to get all the skateboarders attention saying they were doing good for the enviroment and that their boards are better then everyone elses.

But when i got around to trying a bamboodsk8 skateboard deck out, i was surprised by how extremely light it was and still how strong it felt. So i got one myself and i have to say its much easier to skate the higher ledges and pop flip tricks higher.

This deck takes a fair amount of impact and beating and yet its in perfect shape! It still has that brand new feeling. Unlike maple decks this board has hardly any razor tail and about half the damage that a maple deck would have by now.

It’s also a great feeling to know that im helping the enviroment while im shredding and doing my thing. I can say bamboosk8 is a REAL bamboo skateboard company and one of the only 100% bamboo decks and i think any real skateboarder should get one right away.

157. Bamboo Skateboards are the best. They’re the strongest, most durable skateboards out there. Ive been seeing Bamboo boards everywhere now. Its popularity is growing like crazy. They have great pop and have great shape. Not only are they that great, they are great for the environment too. Bamboo plants grow way faster than maple trees. i thinks its pretty obvious that skateboard companies should be making Bamboo boards.

158. hey i have been using bamboosk8 for 2 months now. first of all i distinctly noticed that it had a better pop. It feels really nice to just skate generally on as well. i have only skated three months and i can heel and kick already all this on the bamboo board. The pop helps EVERY trick so i really recomemend bamboosk8 boards for everyone! Bamboosk8 doenst just make amazing boards, they are environmentally friendly; bamboo takes a short time to grow compared to maple, so it is obviously the better choice there. bamboo decks are also very durable. My friend steph just snapped 6 boards in this month. (he is a serious x games skater) i told him to change to bamboo, he has been using it for 5 months and he completly loves it! its strong and soo easy to use. Ok another good point about the company is that its got good pricing compared to loads of companies! it just makes skating soo much more fun! thanks a lot bamboosk8!

159. a maple deck takes 50 years to grow….a bamboo board can be ready in 2 seasons?!?!…..i have been riding these boards for a month about, and i love the way they feel……i use them on the vert ramp all the time…i can definately say……they are great boards and green also!

160. Bamboo SK8 is the most successful story in skateboarding in a long time. Nice job and a Maple Tree Thanks You!
    Got Bamboo!!

161. Bamboo SK8 is the most successful story in skateboarding in a long time. Nice job! I Thank You and a Maple Tree Thanks You!
    Got Bamboo!!

162. Bamboo skateboards are a revolution in skateboarding. They are durable, fairly-priced boards that i would highly recommend to anybody. They give good pop, look very neat, and are very light, but durable. They are made up of seven layers of bamboo! I love BambooSk8′s skateboards!

163. Hi, i think bamboo boards are great. I’ve been skating since i was 6 and now im 13 almost 14. I’ve herd of bamboo boards from my friend and i tried his and i loved it. As soon as i got home i bought one and landed my first varial heelflip on it. And the also really dont snap. My friend had his for the longest time and i mean sure it chipped a lil but not even much to damage the board or the board to snap. And when i got mine a year ago its the same as my friends with no chips, its like its brand new. The grip tape is awesome too. Its perfect to land tricks. I recomended bamboo boards to all my friends too cause they like it also. If you where to ask me i think that bamboo boards are simpily the BEST!

164. Hey everyone, i really like what bamboosk8 are doing they are using exciting ideas to develop the skatboarding industry by using a less damaging source, this means that they can continue to make quality skateboards with out needing to cut down as much trees as everyone else! which means more trees for us :D. it can only be a good thing what they are doing and i hope one day ill be able to use one of these boards. as im sure they give a good pop and last just as long as the next board, meaning by buying their boads your using half the trees to skate.

165. bamboo r da best

they grow bakk fast good for the enviroment
    and they have a crazy amount of pop concave and much more.
    keep doin wat yall doin

YYEEEAAAA !!!!!!!!!!

166. This is one of the best boards I have ever used. It has a great pop and they are fairly new so everyone at the park is pretty amazed by it.

167. Bamboo SK8 is a very reliable board company. I recently started using their boards last year when I visited Oceanside. I was there for about a week and bought one of their boards to skate because I had forgotten mine back home in Eureka, CA. I loved it, so before I left I bought two more decks to take with me. This was about a year ago, and I still have one of the decks in my room. In the past few weeks I found Sponsorhouse, now I’m sponsored by them and very proud that I’m able to sponsor a product like theirs. The Pop and flip is amazing. Its very durable and right away you now it’s a strong deck. When I have the deck all set up I’ve noticed it’s also a much lighter overall deck. I love this board, and I have requested that my local board shop would get a shipment of their product. If you’re unsure of trying it, Buy one today and see for yourself that Bamboo SK8 is a great company!!

168. bamboosk8 makes to brand quality boards there boards have great pop great concave and high impact cause if u are a skater that wont’s go out and land these big time tricks like 360 flip or lazier flip thin bamboosk8 has the boards right for you cause concave + pop + light board = one great board to skate and to do tricks on. and befor i for get maple boards are made of maple trees and to make at least 1 board they have to cut down a maple tree that will take years and years to grow back wean u have bamboo will grow back in about 1 month or less i could be wrong but i do know bamboo can grow 2 feet a day or more so u have nothing to wore about with it effecting the eco system

169. I see Bamboosk8 still uses maple in the construction.Is their any that are 100% Bamboo on the market?

170. i love the bamboo deck its awesome

171. Hello,

My name is Eric, i’m a brazilian graphic designer and i would like to know how you print the art on the skateboard.. i would like to know if someone can help me about the ”Heat Transfer” techique and how to print an illustration on the skateboard.

thank you for attention.

172. Bamboo comes from china.
    So the fuel it takes to get here on those big ships just puts us back as square one. Oil spills and sending money to a Country that just does not like us taking jobs away from American workers is not so great. So buying Bamboo just give more money to the Iraq and other nations that want to take America down. We use fuels from Iran and other nations that are out to hurt Americans. You are doing more harm than good making skateboards out of Bamboo. Try to keep our economy here in the USA instead of sending out more jobs to China and other Nations. Why send more money overseas buying Bamboo.
    It does not come from USA it only grows in Asia. Who ever wrote this must be a person that is in Asia trying to take American dollars.

173. to : “Bamboo not so great”

what do you mean asia take american….?
    i think american its not smart than asian…

174. [...] http://www.skateboardworks.com/2008/11/25/skateboard-manufacturing-finding-new-wood-sources/ [...]

175. I was looking for a sustainable alternative to maple skateboards after hearing about the deforestation and bamboo seemed like a real good choice for my girl who loves to skate. After reading the “bamboo not so great” post I agree that like maple bamboo grows in the ground, needs water and ships from china on the oil hungry tankers placing jobs out of the USA. I LOVE this idea of Recycled Paper Skateboards by Version 2 Lab (www.version2lab.com)which states they are:
    1. Made in USA (giving jobs to US citizens)
    2. 100% Recycled Paper (All products should have recycled content in them as re-use is the best use.
    3. Glue is bio-based (reducing reliance on petroleum and shipping)
    4. Water Proof (Really? Wow! my board will never warp or degrade)

I can’t wait to buy one of these babies. Their facebook page (www.facebook.com/version2lab) says they will be on Kickstarter.com soon to release so this sustainable dad will be waiting in line to buy the greenest skateboard out there. I can only hope they perform as well as they look. Maybe there will be some reviews online soon from some of the skate mags??

176. “Maple deforestation”???? , yes you do have to cut a tree down to get forest products, and yes, trees grow slower than bamboo. But, ( and that’s a big but….)
    everyone that cut’s maple commercially, replants ONE HUNDRED or more trees..
    Many of the trees being harvested today were planted by these same companies.
    Bamboo is not cheaper because it is “grass”, It’s cheaper because it comes from places where wages and and manufacturing ( making decks, furniture etc.) are cheaper. Ask yourself, what do they do with the residue from the glues they use, the finish they put on the boards… do they they pay a living wage to the workers..
    and what effect does clear cutting the bamboo near the streams and rivers have on their ecology?
    it’s kind of like my favorite tricks, you have to think about it, it’s not that simple..
    thanks